The glute ham raise is one of the best posterior chain exercises you can do and this is the best unit you can use to do them.
The glute ham raise (AKA the Glute Ham developer) is an essential tool for the development of speed and power for both dynamic field athletes and strength athletes by strengthening the posterior chain.
The posterior chain plays a vital role in a person’s ability to squat or deadlift heavy, or the ability of any field athlete to run, jump, stop and start. The GHR can also be used as an Ab machine to complete glute ham sit ups commonly seen in CrossFit competitions.
The Bells of Steel Glute Ham Raise 2.0 has a superior design for these reasons:
- It has longer legs and a weight pole in the middle for maximum stability.
- Wheels for easy transport.
- Pegs for bands to increase resistance (not shown)
- Dual tightening adjustment knobs
- The split pads are an essential design for men to prevent any squishing of your goods
- Pads are wrapped in black vinyl
- The pads are made of a high density and durable foam that will protect the users quads from discomfort
- Made with 11-gauge steel
- Black powder coating
- Weigh’s in at a beefy 163lbs
- Diamond tread foot plate
- Hardware and assembly instructions included
Hypertrophy GHRs are superior to traditional leg curls because they work more muscles and put greater emphasis on the eccentric component of knee flexion.
Performance Coaches have long used the GHR to improve sprinting speed and jumping capability. They’ve also proven to translate well to other lower body power lifts. Many of the world’s best powerlifters regularly include the glute ham developer as a staple in their programming due to its strong carryover to the squat and deadlift.
Little lower back stress Since there are minimal shearing forces involved. This makes it a viable way for people with back issues – who may not be able to do exercises like deadlifts and Romanian deadlifts – to train the posterior chain in a safe manner.