Note: These plates are now approved for use in CPU meets of any level.
On SALE, 15% off regular price (reduced at checkout)
Simply put, you will not find a better quality plate, anywhere, at any price.
- Made to IPF specs for diameter and thickness
- calibrated to within 10 grams of stated weight, which is BETTER than the IPF spec of .25 of 1% (see below)
- heavy chrome finish. Not 'Harley Davidson' shiny, but extra durable to prevent chipping (if you remember the old Ivanko plates, you know what we mean)
- painted area is recessed, so it should never suffer chipping or scratching
- rims have color coded silicon ring to easily identify size when on the bar.
- machined to the proper weight, no "calibration holes" are needed.
Each set includes as many 25's as you select, plus one pair each of 20, 15, 10, 5, 2.5 and 1.25.
Also available in pairs of the individual sizes on this page.
Are they ACCURATE?
YES! We took a random set to a certified testing center to have them checked, all plates were within the allowable tolerance.
Here is a summary chart, the actual document are linked below it.
I picked up the plates from the warehouse house in Calgary and drove them back to B.C. When I got home I noticed that we were missing the 2.5 kilo plates. Quick call to Mike and he had them to my door by the end of the week. Thank you! The plates themselves are beautiful and have no slop when put on the bar. Very happy with these plates and have been a valuable addition for my meet prep.
These plates are great, they are within the advertised tolerance, the chrome does chip, and they look great. The only draw back is that having them for last 7 months, the pain in the center has started to chip and bubble
We contacted Josiah directly, he tells me it's just the painted area's that have chipped, he sent some photos.
In his words: 'Yes, it's just the painted parts, the chrome parts are doing great even with relatively heavy use.'
We will speak to the manufacturer, see if they can toughen up the paint a little.
The plates are truly exceptionally beautiful. It really is a great quality product for the asking price. Time will tell on durability but for the asking price, it's definitely a worthwhile purchase. All our members found them amazing. The only negatives I have received are that they are harder to lift than other weights because there is not much grip on the edge of the top. Also, the 25kg and 20kg are also slightly thinner than other companies