If you are really serious about your lifting, and moving some serious weight, like deadlifts of 600 lbs, 700 lbs, 800 lbs, or even more, a deadlift bar may be perfect for you.
StrongArm Deadlift bars are:
- More flexible than a regular power bar. Deadlifting on a regular bar means pulling from a "dead" start, in other words, from zero to 100% of the weight all at once. With a more flexible bar though, the centre of the bar will rise 3 or 4 inches before the weights start to lift, and when they do the plates that are on the inside will lift first, moving towards the outer edge. The result of this is a smoother, more progressive acceleration of the weight, allowing you to lift more actual weight. Most lifters that use a deadlift bar will tell you that they can pull 40 or 50 lbs more with a deadlift bar compared to a standard power bar.
- Thinner than a regular power bar. Most power bars are 29 or 30 mm, a StrongArm deadlift bar is 27 mm. This thinness contributes to the flexibility, and also lets you get more of your hands and fingers around the bar. Particularly important of you use the double overhand "hook" grip.
- Longer sleeves than a regular bar. The longer sleeves allow for more weight to be put on, especially necessary if you are using gym plates, that tend to be wider than competition plates.
Here's a closeup:
- Knurling where you need it, not where you don't. Conventional pullers, meaning your hands are outside of your legs, want knurling for their grip, but not grabbing your thighs on the way up. This bar does that, the knurling to the outside, smooth in the middle.
- Custom made to our specifications, not an off-the-shelf bar.
- Made of Chromium alloy steel. Chromium allow is designed to add hardness to steel.
- Bar weight is 20 kg.
- Finish is bare steel on the shaft, with Chrome sleeves.
Want to keep that new bar looking and feeling new? Use StrongBar barbell lubricant and rust protectant on it!
$16.95 a bottle.
For $349 you won't find a better bar for deadifting than ours.
Below is a review of the bar.
Im disppointed about the knurling ! not aggressive at all ... my rogue powerbar is way more aggressive
It seems that UPS has lost my package and I was hoping you guys would be able to help out to sort this out. I ordered a deadlift bar and it was supposed to be delivered mid-may but since June 3rd, UPS states: "We've begun an investigation to locate the package."
It's been over a week and I'm pretty pissed about what's been going on. I ordered the bar back in March and I understand that there would be delays due to COVID, but losing my package is simply unacceptable especially since I've waited over 4 months to get this bar.
Let me know if you guys can help out,
Love this bar! Comparable to a Texas deadlift bar for a fraction of the price. Highly recommend
Super good bar...great flex, feels sweet!
Great whip to the bar but could use more aggressive knurling in my opinion. Would give 4.5 if I could but 5 is close enough. Excellent customer service through the pandemic