If you are really serious about your lifting, and moving some serious weight, like deadlifts of 600 lbs, 700 lbs, 800 lbs, or even more, a deadlift bar may be perfect for you.
StrongArm Deadlift bars are:
- More flexible than a regular power bar. Deadlifting on a regular bar means pulling from a "dead" start, in other words, from zero to 100% of the weight all at once. With a more flexible bar though, the centre of the bar will rise 3 or 4 inches before the weights start to lift, and when they do the plates that are on the inside will lift first, moving towards the outer edge. The result of this is a smoother, more progressive acceleration of the weight, allowing you to lift more actual weight. Most lifters that use a deadlift bar will tell you that they can pull 40 or 50 lbs more with a deadlift bar compared to a standard power bar.
- Thinner than a regular power bar. Most power bars are 29 or 30 mm, a StrongArm deadlift bar is 27 mm. This thinness contributes to the flexibility, and also lets you get more of your hands and fingers around the bar. Particularly important of you use the double overhand "hook" grip.
- Longer sleeves than a regular bar. The longer sleeves allow for more weight to be put on, especially necessary if you are using gym plates, that tend to be wider than competition plates.
Here's a closeup:
- Knurling where you need it, not where you don't. Conventional pullers, meaning your hands are outside of your legs, want knurling for their grip, but not grabbing your thighs on the way up. This bar does that, the knurling to the outside, smooth in the middle.
- Custom made to our specifications, not an off-the-shelf bar.
- Made of Chromium alloy steel. Chromium allow is designed to add hardness to steel.
- Bar weight is 20 kg.
- Finish is bare steel on the shaft, with Chrome sleeves.
Want to keep that new bar looking and feeling new? Use StrongBar barbell lubricant and rust protectant on it!
$16.95 a bottle.
For $349 you won't find a better bar for deadifting than ours.
Below is a review of the bar.
Unbeatable for the price. Knurling not as intense as some deadlift bars like I prefer but that’s a plus for some people too. Love it.
Great service from Mike as always!
Great bar, lots of whip, I really like the knurling. Machining is great. Highly recommend this bar
The bar is awesome! Feels stiffer than the Texas deadlift bar, but it still allows me to use a hook grip. The knurling seems a bit overly aggressive, however I don't need much chalk!! The ends move really smooth on the bearings, keeping the bar from wanting to roll in the hands. Overall I highly recommend this bar, the price is very reasonable and it is very comparable to the Elieko, and Texas bars!!
Amazing service and an incredible product for the price point. Purchased deadlift bars for use in competition. They are the same quality as bars three times the cost!